background

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What I did today.

So I have been in a bit of a slump lately.
And I have not made anything new or exciting or cute.

So I thought I would work on  a curtain project.
I have had the fabric since last summer
so thought I should get it used up.
These are the old curtains that
where purchased at Ikea a couple of years ago.
We nick named them 'zebras hiding in grass'.


This is the new panel I sewed.
What do you think?


Here they are together.
Which do you prefer?


 I also thought I would share this.
I made these 'Economy Oatmeal Squares' to day.
It is an old recipe but new to me.
My daughter gave it to me.
The kids thought they where AWESOME!!
And real easy to make.


Economy Oatmeal Squares

1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
 (they are quite sweet so feel free to use a little less)
2 cups oatmeal
1/2 tsp. baking powder

Mix, press into a pan to make 1/4 inch thick.
Bake till brown. (this is what the recipe said)
They will harden as they cool.
I baked at 375 for about 10 minutes.
Cut while still warm, so they don't break apart too much.
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment